[Scribus] Formatting Tags

Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś deejay1
Wed Jun 30 23:55:11 CEST 2004

Dnia Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:53:07 +0200
Jan L?deke <jan.luedeke at web.de> nabazgra?:

[...]
> Basically, my idea consists of two Tags. Tag 1 should direct the text
> to the frame. Tag 2 defines the text style.
>
> Maybe something like this:
>
> <$FRAME$><?STYLE1?>Headline</?STYLE1?>
> <?STYLE2?>BlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBla</?STYLE2?></$FRAME$>
>
> The whole text ("Headline" and "BlaBla...") would get exported to the
> text frame named "FRAME". The Headline would get "STYLE1" (maybe Sans
> Bold, 15 pt, just how you made the definition in Scribus) and the
> other text gets "STYLE2" (for example Sans Roman, 12 pt).
>
> I know that this is very basic, but I think there is no need to be
> more specific, because every definition of text frames and the text
> styles can be made in the dialogues in scribus, where the *real work*
> begins;-).
>
> It would be possible to standardize the writing among different
> authors of texts and will make layouting much easier.
>
> What do you think about this? Is it possible or is there an easier
> possibility already implented in Scribus?

Hmm, looks like a job for the Scripter. Should be possible with some
python knowledge (which I don't posses, just some thoughts on this
theme). Of course it would be better if the input file was a standarized
XML file, just to keep up with the standards. IMHO a nice idea...

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
"PLD wspiera tych uzytkownikow, ktorym PLD dziala." - djurban