[Scribus] A picture over 2 pages

David Christian Berg david
Tue Jun 22 10:11:58 CEST 2004

On Mo, 2004-06-21 at 13:23 +0200, Tobias Stumpf wrote:
> Hy,
>
> I will try to set our newspaper with scribus.
>
> We have some pages were are only one or two pictures which go over a
> double side. But I don't know how can I insert a picture who goes
> over the border of a side into another side.
>
> Can everybody tell me, how can I set a picture which goes over the two
> pages?
>
> Thanks
> Tobias

Good a question, I've not been working with Scribus that much, that
I had noticed that this functionality was missing. In Indesign that
is easy with facing pages being able to contain elements that are
on both pages. The pages tough one another, so that it looks just
like in a book. That is a problem if you have many pages, because
then you don't see the center when opening the booklet. That is why
most of the time in InDesign I used two objects anyways.

Maybe one could have one object, that you can move, but that is
actually two object, to take care of that hidden gap in the middle?
Meaning, that the user can adjust how much of the image shall be
dublicated. Maybe it should even be possible that the doublication
increases or decreases towards the center pages of a booklet,
depending on how it is to be bound.
Sounds like a great feature, doesn't it?

Any thoughts?

David