[Scribus] Good courses/reading material for Scribus

Paraplegic Racehorse Paraplegic_Racehorse
Sat Jun 19 03:42:30 CEST 2004

Michael P. Hopcroft wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are good sources for either current-edition
> Scruibus CDs or English-language books that teach how to use Scruibus?
> I'm hoping to dual-boot my system and hope to get Scribus installed
> and working on my system before I have to step back down to dial-up
> (My sart-up busienss is havbing the usual difficulties one has when a
> publishing company has no product to punlish because it's not rteady
> yet).
>
> Michael Hopcroft
> Michael Hopcroft press
> http://www.mphpress.com
>
> (P.S. I publish roleplaying games, and am taking donations in support
> of current and upcoming projects -- not that anyone would donate from
> thislist, but I thought I might as well emntion it in case you were
> wondering what those Psypal buttons were on my site.)

None of these links are Scribus specific, but I've found the information
available at desktoppublishing.com and, believe it or not, about.com to
be invaluable.

http://desktoppublishing.com/

http://desktoppub.about.com/

Also, I generally assume that if my final product is going to contain
few graphics - say a border graphic every page, a 1/4 or 1/2 page
graphic every third or fourth page and full-page graphic at chapter
breaks - a word processor with basic page-layout functions is all that's
needed. If you're looking for the full glory and splendor of WoTC's D&D
3.5 core books, then... use a page-layout program.