[Scribus] problem solved! Scribus 1.1.7 only works as root

Penelope Spencer penelope.spencer
Wed Jun 16 10:22:17 CEST 2004

reply to Patrick:

Problem solved!

The problem was indeed that I did ./configure and make as root, as Rolf
suggested. However, when I repeated the steps as an unprivleged user
(and then did 'make install' as root), the problem remained,
probably because install did not reinstall files that already
existed.

To solve the problem, I just used su to temporarily become the
root user, then did 'chmod 755/usr/local/share/scribus' and repeated
that for all directories under/usr/local/share/scribus, granting users
read access to these directories. Before I did this, the
directories were readable only by root.

Thanks very much for your replies, they were most helpful!

Best regards,
Penelope Spencer,

LondonMessage: 2