[Scribus] A bug?

Owen Cook rcook
Mon Jun 7 14:38:10 CEST 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Craig Bradney wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 08:17, Owen Cook wrote:
> > Create 2 landscape pages one under the other
> >
> > Create 2 (approx equal) text boxes on each page
> >
> > Call the text boxes
> >
> >  1  2
> >  3  4
> >
> > Get text and chain it to 1->2->3->4 No problems.
> >
> > Change the ordering
> >
> >  4  1
> >  2  3
> >
> > and try text chaining 1->2->3->4
> >
> > The text doesn't appear in 4, though if you export it as pdf, it is there.
> >
> > Also scribus then takes up all the cpu (->99%)
> >
> > This is with CVS 6 Jun and 1.1.17 and CVS 14 May(in Knoppix 3.4)
> >
> > I was able to make a mini pamphlet properly with CVS 31/31 May on a Pll,
> > but find it hard to beleive that a switch to an XP2600 would cause this
> > failure
> >
> > Any one like to try and repeat the exercise and tell me if its a bug or
> > just me (as usual)
> >

> > TIA
>
> hmm
>
> maybe it is happening here too.. itll be fixed soon in cvs when we track
> it down

In the

 4  1
 2  3  case

I get different behaviour depending on how the second page (2-3)is
created.

If I Page->Copy the second page, I get the result previously described.
If I Tool->Page palette a second page, either another normal or a
template, I will get text into page 4, however,
in both cases however, going to page 4 makes the cpu->99%

If I stop the text in page 3, then work on new material in page 4, no
problems.

Something to do with chaining back to page from which the chaining has
already been activated.

Owen