[Scribus] Your favorite CRT Monitor.

John Culleton john
Fri Jun 4 00:57:09 CEST 2004

On Thursday 03 June 2004 05:43 am, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 10:24, Bart Alberti wrote:
> > I believe, Mr ringer, that the Sony G520 has ceased to
> > exist. or is it the G540? According to Maximum PC
> > (ex-BOOT mag), which used to give it the highest
> > rating, they have discontinued it. It used to $1600 or
> > so and up. I know folks that have been trying to find
> > it.
>
> That's bad news. I knew they'd killed the G420 and lower
> in favour of LCD displays, and that they were slowly
> dropping CRT production in general. I hadn't realised
> they'd actually discontinued the G520 yet.
>
> *sighs*
>
> Oh well, all the more reason to take care of the nice
> G520 we have here

I just bought at ebay auction a G520 of 2001 vintage. The
cost was $200 +$45 shipping.  There are a fair number of
them available. One vendor has thirty of them.

 The monitor "has a slight blue tint" according to the
seller but hopefully I can adjust it to be reasonably close
to correct. I also bought a calibration target from Wolf
Faust for the huge sum of $15.00 US postpaid :)

Anyone have suggestions for finding a G520 manual?

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers