[Scribus] Deleting ~/.scribus folder

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Jun 2 08:11:04 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 06:14, Wayne Maeda wrote:
> Throughout all my several upgrades (both Scribus and Mandrake) I've always had
> trouble printing in Scribus. Nothing would print and I would have to export
> to either pdf or eps. Since all of my non-home partitions are formatted
> everytime I upgrade (Mandrake), I figure the problem must lie in my home
> directory. If I delete my ~/.scribus folder, will it do permanent harm or
> will it be regenerated the next time I open Scribus?

What kind of printer? Scribus outputs Postscript 3. If you have a
Postscript 2 printer, such as a HPLJ1100, 1200 or 1300, you will have to
use a lower level printer driver rather than the native one that perhaps
is set up as postscript. These printers or any non PS3 printer cant
understand PS3 and just dump the job. Two ways around this:
1) Also set up a printer such as I have, ie HPLJ1300 using the hlpj5gray
driver
2) Export to PDF and then print from Acrobat with the Postscript level 2
option in its print dialog

Craig