[Scribus] Deleting ~/.scribus folder

Atlantic Tech Solutions tech
Wed Jun 2 06:37:15 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 00:14, Wayne Maeda wrote:
> Throughout all my several upgrades (both Scribus and Mandrake) I've always had
> trouble printing in Scribus. Nothing would print and I would have to export
> to either pdf or eps. Since all of my non-home partitions are formatted
> everytime I upgrade (Mandrake), I figure the problem must lie in my home
> directory. If I delete my ~/.scribus folder, will it do permanent harm or
> will it be regenerated the next time I open Scribus?
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne

I often recommend renaming this directory to .scribusbak as a
preliminary troubleshooting step.

That said, this has been a non-issue with most recent versions of
Scribus since 1.1.4 or so. Thus, I have, except for testing used the
same settings files for several versions, including daily CVS builds.
See: http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/documentation/topten.html

If you want to delete the directory, go ahead. Scribus will regenerate
the files on the next launch. The biggest issue is font substitutions
with older < 1.1.1 files or resetting keyboard shortcuts.

Hope that helps,
Peter