[Scribus] TIFF/IT support

Tobias Stumpf linux
Wed Jul 28 18:45:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2004 09:42 schrieb Christophe CHAILLOLEAU
LECLERC:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question from a friend that works in DTP.
> Does Scribus support the TIFF/IT file format, or is the support
> planned ? It seems that this file format's usage is growing very
> quickly, and this may be a great added value for Scribus.
> If it isn't supported - or planned, could you please tell me why
> (badly documented, no time or no developper to achieve this,
> protected by patents, ...).
> Thanks a lot.

Scribus support the TIFF file format, but the problem is, that there
are many different TIFF file formats. I think about 50. Look at [1]
for more information.

When I work with scribus and would like import Tiff files I opened it
with gimp and save it with gimp and it will work fine, because
scribus use the same tiff library like gimp.

[1] http://www.scribus.net

CU
Tobias