[Scribus] Configure error (Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt) not found + solution

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Jul 27 22:38:22 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 22:23, Andrea Astfalk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got this error compiling the actual CVS on my laptop. Qt is
> definitively installed and Scribus compiled on my other machine (both
> running Mandrake 10.0 Official). There was another reason for this
> problem: on my main PC gcc 3.3.2 is installed, on the laptop was an
> older version (2.96). Installing the newer version solved the problem.
>
> http://dot.kde.org/1037074615/1037242259/ (for reference)
>
> My only remaining trouble is that I loaded lots of devel-stuff onto the
> laptop and the harddisk is nearly full :-( and now I have to clean up
> this mess ...

We stopped supporting gcc older that 3.x from Scribus 1.1.2 onwards. You
will need your Qt packages, plus Qt development packages built to
support multithreading too.

It will not be long before we decide to support Qt 3.3.2+ as a priority.
That means, there are certain bugs in all Qt versions, and we can only
attempt to work around so many. We will be testing on 3.3.2 and older
versions but if there are minor issues on older versions we cannot work
around, then we will not be able to handle those. When we come across
incompatibilities on older versions, we will update our required minimum
level of package XYZ.

regards
Craig