[Scribus] News: PageStream 5 for Linux released.

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Mon Jul 26 11:41:17 CEST 2004

Paul Tansom wrote:

>... has anyone tried compiling/porting across to
>MacOS X? I've not got my hands on a machine capable of it yet, but when
>I do I'm hoping to use a good number of my favourite Linux apps on there
>(I need the platform as I have a few customers that use it and need to
>hook up to Linux servers - I'm also curious!).

Current Scribus version 1.1.7 works just fine on my iMac running OS X
10.3 with Apple's X11 package and the December, 2003 developer tools
installed. It is installable from the Fink "unstable" tree. There is not
yet a native Aqua port. If memory serves, due in part to Qt library
issues on OS X, there is some question as to whether there will ever be
an Aqua port. Will the Mac port maintainer chime in here with better,
more up-to-date information?