[Scribus] applying template

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Jul 24 02:17:28 CEST 2004

BandiPat wrote:

> Bob Horvath wrote:
>
>> OK, so I have been trying this for several nights in a row, and I am
>> still clueless. I would like to use scribus to print labels, and see
>> some templates for labels, but have no idea how to use them.  Can anyone
>> nudge me in the right direction?

> Bob,
> I believe most of those templates are your basic setup for labels.
> Open/load the template you want to use.  Each template is write
> protected, so you will need to save your work under a different name.
> If memory serves me, all of the labels are grouped on the page, so you
> will need to select the items on the page and choose "ungroup" from
> your menu to allow you to work with each label individually.  Remove
> any text, if there is any within the labels, and start typing your
> data.  If the labels are to be all for you as return labels, type the
> first label, copy and paste the contents to the rest.  Everything
> should be positioned correctly for most printers, but they work well
> on my HPDeskjet 960c.
>
> Patrick

Label templates are something you can easily make yourself -- it also is
help for practicing how to use Scribus.

Take the measurements of your label page to know how far the top left
label is from the top and left side of the page.  Make a text frame of
the appropriate size at the appropriate position, then use multiple
duplicate, adjusting for the number of colums across and the width of
the label. Then for each column multiple duplicate for the number of
rows (once you do this for the leftmost, you don't have to change the
settings, just select the top of the next column).
This takes  a lot of words to describe, but with Scribus it's very easy
to do.
If all the labels need the same contents, then wait till you fill in the
first frame before you duplicate, adjusting for inside margins, whatever.

Greg