[Scribus] cvs or debian = no CMS!?

Daniel Andor da209
Thu Jul 22 11:49:07 CEST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 2:01 am, Craig Bradney wrote:
> You need to set the profiles directory in preferences, and then put
> screen, printer profiles and an rgb input profile for images in that
> dir. Restart Scribus.. :) then turn on colour management.

I don't know if this is a bug, but simply setting the profile dir didn't work.
As soon as I copied all my profiles over to the default dir, it started
working.

> > Daniel, who would like to create press-ready PDFs...
>
> Be careful.. many printers wont want profiles embedded anyway. Check
> with them if you are printing at a print shop.

I spoke to a few print shops and they seemed to be worried about making colour
separations from PDF files.  They thought they may need to import into
Photoshop or Freehand.  Is there any way I can help them with this?