[Scribus] WMF Graphics Import?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Jul 20 22:46:16 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 22:09, Dave Spagnol wrote:
> I tried ImageMagick's convert.
>
> Converting wmf to svg : useless!
>
> converting wmf to eps : It works, but the eps file produced will not load into
> scribus via Import > eps/ps you have to draw an image frame and Get Picture.
> With OOo Draw you can import the eps it makes. However, lines within the
> drawing are better preserved with convert than with OOo Draw, so that'll do
> for me!

Please send me a sample WMF and EPS from oo.o and the other method you
used and we will see if either the EPS is bad or we need some extra code
in the EPS importer.

> I'm not a programmer: would it be possible to use ImageMagick as a plug-in or
> something to pick up files not dealt with natively by Scribus?

Would be possible but probably not the best option, although we have
plans for a new plugin system allowing more file formats to be added
more easily.

Craig