[Scribus] CVS on Mandrake 10

Owen rcook
Thu Jul 15 08:57:00 CEST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:50:41 +1000 (EST)
Owen Cook <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Wayne Maeda wrote:
>
> > Has anyone been able to compile the latest Scribus CVS on a stock Mandrake 10
> > distribution? I have tried several times without success. I can't seem to
> > update my autoconf and automake files. Everytime I think I've installed them,
> > I get an error message saying that I'm still using the old version and I
> > should upgrade.
>

> You need to build autoconf and automake from source. Download them and do
>
>   ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
> etc on both of them. That will fix it for you. (well it did for me anyway)

I meant to add that you get a couple of hundred warnings once configure starts, then it settles down. I have never followed them through and have always assumed they were from a faulty location of some files.

Only happens with CVS 1.1.7 just configured nicely.

Owen

Owen

    __0     http://www.pcug.org.au/~rcook/rr.html for rides
  _ \<,_