[Scribus] Windows version still in works?

BandiPat magicpage91
Thu Jul 15 04:49:03 CEST 2004

Jim Farley wrote:
> Greetings!
>     I have been watching the group for a  while. I asked some time ago
> about a windows version, and also about compiling on cygwin. A very
> friendly man said he was working on a Windows binary package, and would
> be done fairly soon. I saw some messages about him having to program on
> the "dark side" and then have heard no more about it. Is the Scribus
> project still planned for Windoze? I am locked in here in my printshop.
> I also have a pitifully slow computer. It runs Acrobat, InDesign,
> Photoshop and GIMP-WIN tolerably, but KDE under cygwin is unusable.
> Reminds me of a 386 running windows 98. But cygwin is still fun to have
> for tooling around in zsh or bash.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jim Farley

Jim,
Might I also suggest to you a dual boot machine, if it's not possible to
move completely away from Windows at the moment.  You might also
consider a full Linux and running Windows inside that when you have that
occasional game to play.  ;o)

Patrick

--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.1 Pro---