[Scribus] Windows version still in works?

Jim Farley jim.farley
Wed Jul 14 20:44:00 CEST 2004

Greetings!
    I have been watching the group for a  while. I asked some time ago about a windows version, and also about compiling on cygwin. A very friendly man said he was working on a Windows binary package, and would be done fairly soon. I saw some messages about him having to program on the "dark side" and then have heard no more about it. Is the Scribus project still planned for Windoze? I am locked in here in my printshop. I also have a pitifully slow computer. It runs Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop and GIMP-WIN tolerably, but KDE under cygwin is unusable. Reminds me of a 386 running windows 98. But cygwin is still fun to have for tooling around in zsh or bash.

TIA,

Jim Farley