[Scribus] Not Downward compatible ?

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Mon Jul 12 22:05:12 CEST 2004

tom jakabfy schrieb:
> Hey there:
> Recently (about a week ago) downloaded the CVS and recompiled etc.
> It works great as usual.
>
> I then worked on a file which I had been composing in Scribus CVS.
> Everything went as expected. Saved my files etc.
>
> When I went into older Scribus CVS and tried to load the file I had
> saved with the Scribus CVS, it would NOT load and I got a segmentation
> error and the older CVS crashed.
>
> I tried this with 2 other files that had been edited with the newer CVS
> and both did the same thing. This is the first time I have had this
> happen when moving 'downward' with Scribus. Although I realize that
> some of the new features (colour ) would not work, usually the file
> would load.
>
> Is this an expected result or just my versions.
This is due to the fact that I removed the FONT tags at the start of a
Scribus file. They were removed to get a much more stable loading code.

This is the first major change to the file format in about 2 years now,
you can't expect that an older version can load files from the latest
version.

Sorry for that, but it's needed.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid