[Scribus] Not Downward compatible ?

tom jakabfy tjakabfy
Sun Jul 11 16:37:43 CEST 2004

Hey there:
Recently (about a week ago) downloaded the CVS and recompiled etc.
It works great as usual.

I then worked on a file which I had been composing in Scribus CVS.
Everything went as expected. Saved my files etc.

When I went into older Scribus CVS and tried to load the file I had
saved with the Scribus CVS, it would NOT load and I got a segmentation
error and the older CVS crashed.

I tried this with 2 other files that had been edited with the newer CVS
and both did the same thing. This is the first time I have had this
happen when moving 'downward' with Scribus. Although I realize that
some of the new features (colour ) would not work, usually the file
would load.

Is this an expected result or just my versions.

Tom