[Scribus] print preview doesn`t show photos and transparency correct

Sebastian Röder sebroeder
Mon Jul 12 20:51:58 CEST 2004

Hi list,

my new project is not shown correctly in the print preview. I have put a b/w
photo into the background but the print preview only show a light blue
background instead. I have transparency for pdf1.4 enabled (disabled=same
problem )but the picture is without transparency, just normal jpg. I`ve
changed the size of the photo since it had position x: -3 and y:-3 and is
bigger than the page. Same problem. Then I?ve enabled the crop contents to
margens function, no effort. The page size is landscape 168x146mm (custom).
The page exports correctly to pdf. The semi-transparency in my text background
is not shown correct in the preview, too. In the scribus main window
everything is OK.

Feature or Bug? Normaly keys F10 / F11 hide and unhide the tools and margens,
guidelines etc. , but if you are not in the main window, e.g. if the
propreties palette is active (highlited) then it will not work. A bit
confusing - I thought it doens`t work at all until I understood this spezial
behaviour. The F11 and F10 key should be written to the shortcuts overview,
too.

Regards,
Sebastian