[Scribus] text is in color, picture isn't

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jul 5 12:09:32 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 03:29, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Thursday 01 July 2004 22:25, Plinnell wrote:
> > So, in your case, I would export "plain" SVG from Sodipodi or optionally
> > export a high res PNG. Then import into Scribus. This will keep your colors
> > in RGB and when printed, will probably match the screen fairly closely. A
> > BJC 6000 is more than likely an "RGB" printer in that it expects RGB data
> > and either the driver or printer firmware does the conversion to CMY or
> > CMYK internally. Few inkjets are true CMYK printers.
>
> I tried to import the SVG into the picture box. It didn't work. It went to the
> background, and showed up only in print preview (I didn't try actually
> printing it), not in edit mode. Do I need to upgrade? I have 1.1.1.

SVGs become native Scribus paths, so they wont go into a picture frame.

If you are only running 1.1.1 you should upgrade to either 1.1.7 or CVS.

> > Another way for close matching is to export a PDF and print using kprinter
> > or XPP with the gimp-print drivers which can do subtle tweaking to make the
> > colors match very closely.
>
> I made a PDF, with the picture box containing the EPS. Same story. It prints
> the picture in grayscale, but shows color on the screen.

Other thing is.. what ghostscript version are you running?

Craig