[Scribus] Scribus DTD ?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Jan 30 18:36:30 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 18:20, Wesley T Allen wrote:
> > Basically, the docs are going to be updated before the 1.2 release, and
> > the Scribus format will be changed to handle new features and be more
> > standardised after 1.2.

> 	Are we going to need to reconvert our previous docs when 1.2 comes out,
> or will 1.2 be able to handle the changes?
> 	Either way is fine, I'm just trying to get ready either way.

Hi Wesley,

I hope you dont mind, Ive replied to the list as well as I think a few
people might want to know this answer.

1.2 will not use a new format, probably some new tags, but the rest will
be the same.

Between 1.2 and 1.3, there will be some more changes we expect that will
require a new format and new load/save code.

There will be a loader for old docs. There may not be a method to save
into the old format.

Don't worry, any changes like this are NOT going to mean all your old
docs will be useless going forward.

I have to say this stuff is quite undecided in some ways. We just know
to be able to bring some large new features we need a new format (and
will also have a proper DTD etc).
Craig