[Scribus] Line breaks

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Jan 25 15:57:02 CET 2004

Tomasz Koprowski wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>I'm not sure I understand why you are getting that behavior.  I'm using
>>1.1.4 also, and find that any style changes are applied to all of the
>>text I have selected.
>

> In my case, some changes (like text size) apply to the whole text while other
> (alignment) only to current paragraph. Selecting a "style" applies only
> to the current paragraph.
>

>>In addition, if you select the text box without being in the edit contents
>>mode (you get a cross instead of a cursor,
>>and can move the text box around) any style selected will apply to the
>>entire contents of the text box.

I think some of these behaviors come about because of the structure of
the .sla files.

Creating a text frame creates a <PAGEOBJECT.... block. Within that block
  your text is a series of <ITEXT.... blocks, like this:

<PAGEOBJECT....>
<ITEXT..../>
<ITEXT..../>
<ITEXT..../>
</PAGEOBJECT>

You may *think* that you have a single ITEXT block inside PAGEOBJECT,
but depending on how much fiddling around you have done, you could have
several -- you can guarantee you have at least two if you default text
is different from what you eventually chose.

Inside each ITEXT block is a CAB parameter that denotes paragraph style.
   Even though you might highlight all the text in a frame and change to
center, Scribus is not changing all these CAB values as it should be --
apparently the line (i.e. ITEXT block> where the cursor is located is
the one that gets the change.

Gregory Pittman