[Scribus] template problem in 1.1.3 / problem compiling 1.1.4

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Jan 25 04:12:48 CET 2004

Bob White wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:14:26 -0500
> Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>

> <snip>
>
>>On the other hand, for those of us not (as yet) venturing out into the
>>cvs waters, an alternative is to add this line to the top of
>>scribus.cpp in 1.1.4 before compiling:
>>
>>#include <unistd.h>
>>

> Hi,
>
> I'm just curious about this.  I compiled 1.1.4 without any problem, well
> after I found all the packages I needed first.  Why do some need this
> include and other don't?  (There's a lot I don't understand about
> compilers.)

For me, one of those unsolved mysteries. I only know that I saw this on
the list, with someone else having these same error messages, and it
worked. There wasn't any explanation, just "do this..."

Gregory Pittman