[Scribus] 1.1.4 crashes on suse linux

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jan 21 02:28:52 CET 2004

ruth moulton wrote:
>   Hi,
> i can successfully, and happily, run 1.0.1 on my suse linux system (8.2,
> kernel 2.4) under kde 3.1.1
>
> however when i try to run  1.1.4 the start up icon appears and then scribus
> immediatley gets a segmentation fault and exits

You mean you have your system set up to run either version?

> feels like i'm doing something fundamentally wrong!!
>
> i tried deleting the scribus.rc file, this made no difference.
>
> does anyone have any words of wisdom or help ?

Were there error messages when you compiled?  I had problems with 1.1.4,
  and went back to 1.1.3, until I found out from the list that there is
a line missing in scribus.cpp (#include <unistd.h>). Adding that fixed
my 1.1.4 compile problem.

Gregory Pittman