[Scribus] presentations

Thomas Zastrow chef
Mon Jan 19 10:58:07 CET 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:39:27 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

<snip />

> I am in the process of writing a Perl program to auto-generate .sla
> files which then can be further edited by Scribus. The main features I
> am interested in are pretty straightforward in the files. There are many
> variables that are a mystery, though.*

Hello Gregory,

I would be very pleased to get a glance at your work ;-)

But, as Peter already mentioned, would'nt it be better using the Python-Plugin-Interface? I don't know Python very well but I think to access Scribus' capabilities via this way would be much more easier than writing something complete new in Perl ... and, perhaps, after the rewrite of the XML-code in one of the next releases you have to start again from the beginning ...

Greetings,

Tom

| So ein Unsinn sich einer Sekte anzuschliessen    |
| wenn man Bier zuhause hat                        |
| http://www.thomas-zastrow.de                     |