[Scribus] InDesign -> Scribus ?

Mardigrafe - Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed Jan 7 17:30:27 CET 2004

Hello!

Your newspaper seems to me clearly within the capabilities of Scribus. You are
going to need at least 2 extra text boxes for your drop caps for which there is
no, yet, automated tool (one to open up the space in your current text and one
to actually put the drop cap in). As for the remaining of the work, nothing
special caught my attention.

Scribus allows to hyphen your text so you will get a better overall typographic
result, especially when text goes around a close-cut image.

Please note that, so far, Scribus can't handle bleed - which is not the case
here (unless you work within a page slightly bigger than your printed work will
be and draw your own crop marks).

The PDFs created with Scribus worked just fine in all my tests. You should be
able to achieve the same without any foreseeable problems!

Please note that I am new to Scribus (but work with QuarkXPress since early
version 1.0 !). Scribus seems to me at least up to Quark 1. I think we are on
the good way!

Greetings,

Louis Desjardins

****** MESSAGE DAMAGED IN TRANSIT ******