[Scribus] Create Text Chains problems

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Jan 6 07:33:19 CET 2004

Hi Blazej

> I'm new to Scribus, just started using it. I'm planning to use it to publish
> an amateur magazine. From what I saw so far, Scribus should do just fine.
>
> I have a problem. How do I create text chains? I'm using version 1.1.4 (latest
> developer build). I tried to create a text frame, typing some text into it,
> then resizing the frame so that all of the text does not fit into it. Then I
> created another text frame and clicked "create text chains". Didn't work.
>
> Any hints?

Select your first frame.
Click on the text chain button.
Select the second frame.
Text will now flow to the second.

To repeat this using the second frame.
Select your second frame.
Click on the text chain button.
Select the third frame.
Text now flows from the 1st to 2nd to 3rd.

Hint: Using the story editor on any oneof the chain edits the story.

Craig