[Scribus] Timeout error--1.1.4, OS X

Kevin Walzer kevin
Mon Jan 5 18:49:21 CET 2004

I don't know if anyone on the Scribus list has been following the news
about the port of KDE apps to Mac OS X, but here's a couple of links:

http://dot.kde.org/1073009304/

http://www.metapkg.org/wiki/22/

These apps are running *natively* on OS X. No X11, no Fink. They run as
Aqua apps. They've already got binaries available for download from
http://kde.opendarwin.org.

This has given me hope that I might be able to build Scribus natively
on OS X with minimal hacking, since they have already done the hard
work. There's even libart included in the KDE support libraries, which
I'm assuming will work (though I haven't been able to build it
separately on OS X). Still, trying again to compile 1.1.4--this is what
I get. Any advice?

In file included from ../../scribus/pageitem.h:30,
                  from ../../scribus/page.h:29,
                  from ../../scribus/scribusview.h:33,
                  from ../../scribus/scribus.h:48,
                  from prefs.h:27,
                  from prefs.cpp:1:
../../scribus/scpainter.h:155: error: 'GC' is used as a type, but is not
    defined as a type.
make[3]: *** [prefs.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks! I'll keep you posted.

Kevin

---

Kevin Walzer, Ph.D.
Editor
WordTech Communications -- A New Paradigm of Poetry
http://www.wordtechcommunications.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
mailto:kevin at wordtechweb.com