[Scribus] auto sizing of text boxes

Magic Page magicpage91
Mon Jan 5 05:02:39 CET 2004

Gregory Pittman wrote:
[...]
> Perhaps I didn't make myself clear -- what I was suggesting was an
> option, much like the ways you can resize an image to fit a box.
> Especially in Scribus, which is designed to import text rather than
> easily enter/edit it. Think about the ways you can use the auto-sizing
> features for images -- they are very useful.
> It seems that there is a large interest in people who make newsletters.
> Simple layouts might work easily with templates; complex, I'm not so sure.
> Another thought would be whether scripts might accomplish something like
> this, but I don't know Python.
>
> Gregory Pittman
> Louisville

That was what I understood you to mean, as an option like the graphics.
  I am not sure what difficulties would be involved in programming for
such either, but suspect it open a can of worms.  My guess is that
something like you are wanting could be better handled a different way
though.  I too am not up on Python yet, but that is an alternative I
hadn't thought of.

We'll see what the guys at the Scribus controls think and if it's
feasible or practical.

Patrick
--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.0 Pro---