[Scribus] auto sizing of text boxes

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Jan 3 16:20:16 CET 2004

As I continue to fiddle around with Scribus on various projects, a
feature that occurs to me would be very useful would be some kind of
auto-sizing of text boxes.

I would envision these possible capabilities:

1. Making a text box of a certain size, then having Scribus adjust the
font size so that the text fits inside the box.

2. Making a text box, locking the width (or height) and font size, then
having Scribus adjust the height (or width) to fit in the text.

3. Extension of No.2 -- if text will not fit for a given page size, then
a new page and/or text box is created using the locked parameters of the
first box (size, font size, XY coordinates of the upper left corner).

I realize this is a lot easier to envision than code for, but I find
myself doing a lot of manual tweaking of the various parameters just to
accomplish this, especially when I want to draw a border line and have a
nice balanced border around the text.

Gregory Pittman
Louisville