[Scribus] print preview extremly slow ?

Sebastian Röder seppelrockt
Sat Feb 28 22:19:32 CET 2004

Hi Craig,

nice to see this massiv improvement in the print preview.

Maybe, you can give me a hind in the following problem, as there was nobody on
the list how could answer - or maybe nobody understod my stupid english
describtion. My printer-office expects 600dpi pdf from me - no problem. But
how do I deal with photos, that have a resolution less than 600dpi (I have a
4 megapixel digikam). If I put them into the scribus-doc, it`s shows me that
they have around 300 dpi resolution. In the past, a used gimp tools to work
with this pictures, as long as scribus shows me a 600 dpi resolution. But
this is quite hard work, I don`t know whether is makes sense for quality at
all and the picture date is quite high, so that scribus slows down.

What if I use the original resolution photos and create 600 dpi pdfs? Do they
have the original ~ 300 dpi resolution in the pdf, too - or are the converted
into 600 dpi as well (what about quality?). Maybe, I have to set the picture
resolution to 600 dpi in the pdf dialog to reach my aim, or is this option
yust to define a picture-resolution different the the global pdf resolution?

I hope somebody can answer till sunday evening, cause I have to finish my work
tomorrow.

Thank you,

Sebastian

Am Freitag, 27. Februar 2004 22:51 schrieben Sie: