[Scribus] 1.2cvs compiling problems

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat Feb 28 06:49:13 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 02:55, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Craig Bradney wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 02:40, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> >

> >>I have yet to be able to compile 1.2cvs -- I keep downloading updates,
> >>but it always hangs with these messages at the end with make:
> >>
> >>pdflib.cpp: In member function `void PDFlib::PDF_Image(bool, QString,
> >>double,
> >>   double, double, double, bool, QString, bool, int)':
> >>pdflib.cpp:2873: `unlink' undeclared (first use this function)
> >>pdflib.cpp:2873: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
> >>   function it appears in.)
> >>make[3]: *** [pdflib.lo] Error 1
> >>make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/gregp/development/Scribus/scribus/libpdf'
> >>make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gregp/development/Scribus/scribus'
> >>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gregp/development/Scribus'
> >>make: *** [all] Error 2
> >>

> >Try putting in
> >#include <unistd.h>
> >in the libpdf.h and see how it goes.
> >
> (it's pdflib.h in the libpdf directory)

err yes.. sorry.

> > As far as I know this hasnt changed
> >
> >in 1.2cvs. I certainly don't need this to build.
> >
> >What version of gcc do u have?
> >

> it's 3.2.2
>
> Meanwhile -- it's fixed. Actually after I added #include <unistd.h> to
> pdflib.h, then I had similar messages about page.cpp, so I added that
> line to that file, and it compiles!

Strange you are getting these messages. We had this issue before with
another cpp file. None of us and any of the users we regularly chat to
on IRC have this issue, nor are there any other reports of it so far
with 1.1.5.

> Retrospectively, the source of my trouble may have been that I deleted
> the Scribus directory to start all over again before I downloaded 1.2cvs...?

No, shouldnt make a different. Better to start from a fresh directory
sometimes.

Craig