[Scribus] 1.2cvs compiling problems

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Feb 28 02:55:47 CET 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 02:40, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>

>>I have yet to be able to compile 1.2cvs -- I keep downloading updates,
>>but it always hangs with these messages at the end with make:
>>
>>pdflib.cpp: In member function `void PDFlib::PDF_Image(bool, QString,
>>double,
>>   double, double, double, bool, QString, bool, int)':
>>pdflib.cpp:2873: `unlink' undeclared (first use this function)
>>pdflib.cpp:2873: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
>>   function it appears in.)
>>make[3]: *** [pdflib.lo] Error 1
>>make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/gregp/development/Scribus/scribus/libpdf'
>>make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gregp/development/Scribus/scribus'
>>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gregp/development/Scribus'
>>make: *** [all] Error 2
>>

>Try putting in
>#include <unistd.h>
>in the libpdf.h and see how it goes.

(it's pdflib.h in the libpdf directory)

> As far as I know this hasnt changed
>
>in 1.2cvs. I certainly don't need this to build.
>
>What version of gcc do u have?

it's 3.2.2

Meanwhile -- it's fixed. Actually after I added #include <unistd.h> to
pdflib.h, then I had similar messages about page.cpp, so I added that
line to that file, and it compiles!

Retrospectively, the source of my trouble may have been that I deleted
the Scribus directory to start all over again before I downloaded 1.2cvs...?

Gregory Pittman