[Scribus] Announcing Inkscape 0.37 Release

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Feb 25 18:19:51 CET 2004

Peter Linnell wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>But back to Inkscape -- my experience with Sodipodi [also in the < 1.0
>>version zone (both < 0.5 actually)] suggests that I have better things
>>to do with my time.
>

> I'll have to respectfully disagree there.

I think we have mutual respect -- both Inkscape and Sodipodi should be
wonderful for what they can contribute to DTP with Scribus. It's
especially good to have these as stand-alone projects that allow
limiting the scope of graphics creation which is necessary within Scribus.
What I meant to say was that I'm just not in the mood to tackle the
dependency barrier that showed up when I ran configure -- it's pretty
tight on the versions of some of the libraries.

Gregory