[Scribus] PDF seperation in Illistrator

Matt matt
Wed Feb 25 02:36:31 CET 2004

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of generating a brochure for final printing at a local printer in cmyk 4/4.

The problem is that he has asked for the brochure as two seperated layers. Apparently he can't import the text and the imagery into illistrator 10 for whatever reason. My pdf's are being generated as an acrobat 5 compatible format.

His reason for seperating the layers is so that he can import the vector data(type) into illistrator and the raster material into photoshop.

Can someone with illistrator 10 please see if it will read the the pdfs generated by scribus on linux.

If you need pdfs, I can generate them.

Thanks,
Matt