[Scribus] print preview extremly slow ?

Sebastian Röder seppelrockt
Tue Feb 24 21:32:24 CET 2004

Seems like the preview needs some time to handle the big picture files
(600dpi). I am wondering whether it is realy useful to use those
highresolution pictures, because I am creating them with gimp from photos of
my digikam with let me say half the resolution (4 Megapixel). If I use the
original photos and then set the "picture resolution" option at the pdf
dialog to 600dpi, doesn`t this make the same result? If yes, working with the
document might be much faster and I would have to do less steps to finish the
project (gimp operations).

This would be a real good message for me.

Thanks again for this great peace of software !

Regards, Sebastian