[Scribus] print preview extremly slow ?

BandiPat magicpage91
Tue Feb 24 05:13:22 CET 2004

Sebastian R?der wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As there is now possibility to run KDE3.2 with qt3 < 3.3.0 and (as I already
> mentioned ) the SuSE qt3.3.0 rpms are called to be beta without
> opengl-support, I set up a fresh SuSE 9.0 installation with qt3.2.3 and
> KDE3.1.4. Then I installed a fresh compiled Scribus rpm (checkinstall) from
> 22.02.04 CVS. After having Scribus adjusted at the preferences dialog, I
> opened up my old document. which I have to finish till thursday, and it is as
> slow as posted in my KDE3.2 treat. But I think the speed is OK for work - the
> real problem is the print preview. It opens up REAL slowly, even with a small
> and easy dokument (CD-Cover with one picture and one textbox) and when I
> check or uncheck one of the boxes with the CMYK options and so on, I have to
> wait > 10 sec. till the is a result on the screen (for the CD-Cover, with the
> bigger document, I did not the any result after one minute, thought).
>
> Is this a normal behaviour? Don`t get me wrong - if this option is still under
> heavy development, I don`t want to complain. I just want to know whether I
> did something wrong. I am looking forward into a bright future with scribus,
> if the print preview does it job a little faster.
>
> Regards, Sebastian

Sebastian,

I don't think this is normal behavior as I am running SuSE 9.0 with
KDE3.2 and QT3 3.3, all SuSE rpms installed and all security updates.
Ghostscript unchanged from original install.  My print preview of docs
comes up almost instantly.

Methinks you might be looking at the wrong things for your problems.
Scribus is or does not seem to be the culprit here.  Have you tried
Print Preview in other KDE programs like KWord?  See how it goes with
that and if you still seem to be having problems, you need to go looking
back to the last time things worked okay.

Patrick

--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.0 Pro---
         Registered Linux User #225206