[Scribus] 1.1.5 changes 1.1.4 doc

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Feb 19 17:34:17 CET 2004

Hi Susan

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 14:49, Susan Hogarth wrote:
> After finishing a newsletter I did in 1.1.4, I installed 1.1.5. Let me say first
> that I *love* the things I'm seeing in 1.1.5! It looks very nice, and I'm
> happily playing with it already. I want to send you money (and when I get some,
> I will...). I'm pretty new to DTP, so I wondered why everyone was whining that
> you couldn't make X columns in a textbox - but I can see that's a HUGE feature
> to have! THANKS!

It works well.. I just did my own magazine recently and it was
unbelievably simple compared to multiple linked text frames.

> However, the doc I made in 1.1.4, when I opened it in 1.1.5, has some
> differences. What I noticed is that text which 'fit' in a  particular text box
> was now not 'fitting' - the text boxes were asking for more space :-/  No big
> deal, since I had PDF-d the files and sent them to the printer already, but did
> anyone else notice this? Is it maybe some difference int he hyphenator
> (although even the headlines have this), or maybe just the text boxes want more
> 'whitespace'?

Yes.. there were changes made to the handling of text next to the edges
of the frames based on some issues we found and so Franz made some
adjustments that seem to help a lot. You still have control over the
spacing from the edge of the frames though so perhaps adjust it there
(Properties palette).

Craig