[Scribus] qt 3.3.0 and opengl support

Paul paul
Wed Feb 18 23:25:36 CET 2004

Hi,

> > Many people have problems with Nvidia cards and their binary drivers, so
> > I'm not so sure I would point a finger at QT3 straight away.  I use an
> > ATI card and see no such problems like you have described and all my
> > OpenGL programs work nicely.
>

> Yeah, I also have an ATi card, so also have no interaction with the
> binary drivers required to make the Nvidia cards work ok. I know there
> were issues about new header information in libGL.a from Nvidia recently
> but I dont know if thats the answer as that was then a linking issue.

There are two problems with the nVidia drivers - one is that they break
OpenGL and the second is you don't know how as they are closed source.
There was a way to fix the driver (which had to be done before you
installed the software), but you'll need to do some googling - try
"nvidia"+"opengl".

Personally, I stick with the ones supplied with my distro (Fedora). They
may be slower, but at least I can see whats going on.

TTFN

Paul

--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong with authority"
Dr Who