[Scribus] Find picture function

Morten Langlo mlanglo
Tue Feb 17 20:55:27 CET 2004

Hello Developers

I just pressed the search button in extra -> manage pictures
to see what it does, and then I found the computer locked up in
a quite long process of searching for pictures. :-)

I have installed Scribus in a children's school with 375 children
and 35 teachers I think, and here comes the problem with this search
function, that starts searching from "/home".

In the school, we have a computer-room with thin Linux clients and
the users home are mounted from an E-smith-server, where home is placed
in /home/e-smith/files/users/ and with a few directories branching off
before you get to the users. So if they start a search for pictures
they will search through all shared directories - a lot of data.

Would it be possible to use the environment variable $HOME as
the basis for the search instead of "/home" as it is now?

Thanks

Morten

--
Morten Langlo