[Scribus] qt 3.3.0 and opengl support

BandiPat magicpage91
Wed Feb 18 04:04:22 CET 2004

Sebastian R?der wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since I have used the new qt 3.3.0 that comes along with KDE 3.2, I have the
> feeling that Scribus is running much slower. Maybe this is because of the
> missing opengl support in the rpm packages of qt 3.3.0 provided by SuSE? Or
> doesn`t this bring any changes to Scribus at all? Does Scribus use my NVidia
> Graphic Card with the NVidia binary driver or not?
> Maybe somebody can tell how (or where) I can get a qt 3.3.0 rpm for SuSE with
> opengl support unabled (I need this to compile digikam plugins as well -
> sorry for the OT ;-))
>
> Thanks for this nice peace of work, called Scribus 1.2cvs.
[...]
> Regards,
> Sebastian

Sebastian,

Where did you get your QT3 files?  SuSE provides the update RPMS and as
Craig mentioned, I too see no problems with Scribus 1.2cvs running on my
system.  I use the SuSE rpms for QT3 3.3 provided on their mirrors.

Many people have problems with Nvidia cards and their binary drivers, so
I'm not so sure I would point a finger at QT3 straight away.  I use an
ATI card and see no such problems like you have described and all my
OpenGL programs work nicely.

Patrick
--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.0 Pro---