[Scribus] Creating booklets with Scribus

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1
Mon Feb 16 15:09:15 CET 2004

Dnia Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:36:12 -0500 u?yszkodnik "Carl Waldbieser"
<waldbie at attglobal.net> napisa?:

> My mom is interested in creating booklets for her crochet patterns,
> and I was wondering if there is an easy way for her to do this using
> Scribus.  I downloaded the 1.0.1 version a couple days ago, and I have
> been playing around with it.  It seems very interesting, but one thing
> she noticed while I was showing it to her is that setting up pages for
> her booklet format is not altogether obvious.
>
> What she wants to do is to fold 8.5"x11" Letter sized paper in half so
> each page is 5.5"x8.5".  She also wants to be able to layout the page
> in order and then have the software figure out the placement of the
> logical pages on the physical sheets of paper.  Out printer can print
> double sided, so it should be able to handle this, but I am wondering
> if the software can actually do this.  From my experiments, it seems
> as though you have to manually layout the pages the way you want them
> to be on the physical sheets, but I may just be missing something.  Is
> this sort of thing possible with Scribus?

It's scribus bug(feature) ID nr 83 (bugs.scribus.net).
It could possibly be done with some python scripting, but first of all I
must learn python and second: find a way to copy page content between
two documents - if this exist the work shouldn't be to hard :)

--
Lukasz [DeeJay1] Jernas
http://www.nadzieja.ha.pl/