[Scribus] Setting Linescreen

Steve Jacobs steve
Sat Feb 14 23:52:37 CET 2004

You can also export as pdf or postscript, then send that to the printer
via ghostscript. Your command line will look something like:

gs -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=lj5mono -sPAPERSIZE=letter -dDITHERPPI=85 -r1200
-sOUTPUTFILE=\|lpr /home/steve/scribustest.pdf -c quit

The important arg is -dDITTERPPI=85 (85lpi halftone, change the number
to suit your needs). I think -r1200 tells ghostscript to compose to a
1200dpi (or whatever) device, overriding the device driver setting. You
may or may not be need this. It seems to give me better halftones from
my lj1200.

Regards,

Steve

--