[Scribus] Re: Setting Linescreen

Alastair Robinson blackfive
Sat Feb 14 12:36:17 CET 2004

Hi Wayne,

> Anyone know how I can set the linescreen through Scribus whenever I print
> to an HP Laserjet 1300 (postscript emulation) printer? I need to print some
> newspaper ads (75-85 lpi) and can't figure out how to do this in Scribus.
> CorelDraw (in Windows) will set the linescreen on the same printer but
> Acrobat5 (both Linux and Windows versions) will not. Please let me know if
> I'm missing something here.

I guess this isn't the answer you're looking for, but try printing to a file,
and editing the generated postscript by hand.  You need to insert the
following commands - they might work after the first block of comments, but
you might need to place them after the PageSetup stuff instead...

currentscreen 3 1 roll pop pop 45 75 3 -1 roll setscreen

These commands will fetch the current halftoning settings and alter the screen
frequency and angle to 45 degrees, 75 lpi, respectively.  If your printer's
default halftone isn't a traditional dot screen, you might need more
complicated commands than this to set the spot function...

Scribus does need to sprout the ability to set these parameters, especially
when generating colour separations.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson
Email: blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk

A real programmer's girlfriend wears a G$.