[Scribus] Scribus review on Low End Mac

David Purton dcpurton
Tue Dec 28 13:55:40 CET 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 09:54:00AM +0100, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 28 grudnia 2004 08:18, Craig Bradney napisa?:
> > >
> > > Can't these features ever be supported via proprietary plugins in the
> > > future? I mean provide some good API planned just for that, waiting
> > > for someone to come in and do it?
> > > (perhaps I'm asking for something that's absolutely not feasible...)
> >
> > Its not about the code, its about the fee/royalties/large sums of cash
> > that need to be paid to use the systems.
> >
> I understand but maybe some day Scribus will be so popular that
> commercial firm will wrote closed, not-free plugin. And some users will
> prefer to pay money for plugin to Scribus than $BIGSUM for whole
> system like Quark or InDesign.

Hey - you can always see if Pantone would like to contribute to an open
source project... you know, it's for a good cause sort of thing...

You can tell Pantone about "...applications critical to your success in
which the ability to use PANTONE Colors would be helpful." at this web
page:  ;)

http://www.pantone.com/products/products.asp?idSubArea=0&idArea=1&idProduct=309&idArticleType_Products=0&productpoll=702

Say, 3 apps can be listed, I can dump in The GIMP and Inkscape as well...

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton at chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a