[Scribus] CMYK colour patch

David Purton dcpurton
Tue Dec 28 08:43:11 CET 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 08:22:53AM +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
> Hi David
>
> > Remember my rantings on CMYK colour in Scribus? ;)
>
> Yes :)
>
> > I had a look at the source, and for solid colours at least (haven't look
> > into images yet), it turns out to be not that hard to patch Scribus, so
> > that I can work in CMYK.
> >
> > If you're interested in what I've done, you can get the patch from here:
> >
> >         http://marshwiggle.net/scribus/
> >
> > If you have a look let me know of any problems you find or suggestions
> > you might have.
> >
> > BTW, the changes are major enough, that I wouldn't expect the Scribus
> > developers to apply this officially, but it might prove a useful base
> > for changes down the track.
>
> I havent had a chance to apply here locally or read the code yet but you
> mention quite a few caveats on the site that I have read. Do you have plans
> to work on these areas to fix them up?

Hopefully yes, I'm on holidays for a few weeks :)

But the PDF ICC issue is hard for me to check, since I don't have an
Acrobat 6.0 license.

Images also might prove to be rather more complicated, I'm not sure yet.

> Its probably a bit late now to get into 1.2.1, but if things were working 100%
> in your patch (given you think they arent in 1.2.x) we could apply them to a
> 1.2.2 that we *might* release in a while or our 1.3.0.

I think that you'd be better off leaving it out of 1.2.x, and implement
the ideas properly in 1.3. Some things are a bit of a kludge in order to
avoid having to change too many files.

What is the status of 1.3? Is source available? How different is it /will it
be from 1.2.x?

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton at chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a