[Scribus] compiling

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Dec 23 19:37:07 CET 2004

On Thursday 23 December 2004 19:23, Friends wrote:
> > > list.
> >
> > What version of freetype do you have installed?
>
> Hmmm - no idea - tried typing 'freetype' got the following:
>
> bash: freetype: command not found
>
> Do I need freetype?  wht is freetype?

Freetype is a library that gives you the ability to use fonts...

If your RH8.0 has never been upgraded at all, it uses 2.1.2 I think, which is
too old. You need 2.1.3 or better. One of those arcane RPM commands will help
you find out exactly what version you have installed. Time to upgrade though
I think.

Craig