[Scribus] english at last?

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Wed Dec 22 22:43:34 CET 2004

With all due respect, I don't think, these issues, regardless how interesting they might be, are to be discussed on _THIS_ mailing list. I've been trying to ignore the latest exchange of linquistic, historical, and geopolitical views, hoping that it would cease by itself, but this is going way to far from the common purpose of this this list: Scribus.... We all have different political and cultural backgrounds and views, and if we want this list  to stay as exceptionally supportive and kind  as it has been for the past two years, we have to restrain ourselves a little bit (I know how hard sometimes it is).

Regarding the primary cause of this excitement, which was switching the default language of this list from German to English: I'm sure, many of us didn't realise, that it can be such a major problem to anybody to have a few messages in German, nor did anybody mention his discomfort on the list or in the bug tracker.

Please notice, that Franz and Craig reacted within a few hours after having been pointed to this issue  http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1412 and that Scribus team has always been very supportive regarding the internationalisation of Scribus.
best regards
Maciej

P.S.  http://dict.leo.org/