[Scribus] Wish-list items for Story Editor and Insert Special

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Sun Dec 19 04:53:13 CET 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:
> Hi Carol
>

>>1. It would be nice to have an option in the Story Editor to
>>"update TextFrame but don't Exit." This would allow me to
>>see how my changes look in the middle of my editing. In
>>my specific case, I was trying to edit text into a fixed space.
>>I wanted to see how well I was doing without having to get
>>out of the Story Editor and getting back in.
>

> There is. Page symbol with green arrow.

I took a look and sure enough it is there. I swear it wasn't
there a month ago. That's what happens when you bury
your nose in the computer for too long without a break :~)

Now that I see that icon, the mouseover tip is clear
"Update Text Frame."  However, in the File menu two things are
confusing. First, the option is named "Save Document" which
is not as clear to me as "Update Text Frame" or the even clearer
"Update Text Frame without Exiting."  Second, the option is
grouped with "Save to File..." and "Load from File..." instead of
with "Update Text Frame and Exit" and "Exit Without Updating Text Frame."

>>2. With Insert Special, it would be nice to be able to insert
>>some characters, leave the Insert Special dialog up, then
>>move the cursor in the document to another spot and insert
>>some more special characters. As it seems to work now, you
>>have to close the Insert Special dialog before the special
>>characters get inserted in the document, then you have to
>>go to the next spot and open Insert Special again to insert
>>some more.
>

> Already a request. :)

Great!

Thanks,